Sunday, April 29, 2012

New Blanket Progress

   Yup, I have made significant progress on the new blanket! I was concerned that the two yarn colors were too alike to really see the pattern, but as it's getting longer, it seems to be working out. The pattern is just more subtle, which is sooo not my style, but daughter Sara seems to like it. And it certainly will be soothing, and very very soft!


 

   You can see in the photo, the design is there, but not in your face. I like that it's not easy to see. Though it makes it harder for me to knit it.


   Last night, after sending Hubs off to work, I realized that I totally zoned and forgot a very important item at Michael's yesterday! I had on my list to get a new row counter. Ideally, one of the ones specifically for a circular needle. Today I found myself needing to go to the supermarket, and since there is one right near our Michael's, guess where I went? The fact that my favorite son-in-law works there had nothing to do with it...


   So off I went in Hubs' truck, since the Jeep is still making funny whistling noises and I don't want to travel that far in it until it gets fixed. It took a bit of searching, but I found the row counter that I wanted! I picked up two, since they are so easy to lose. I also grabbed a package of small stitch markers, since those get lost really easily too. I think I only have two left of the last pack I bought.  That's not counting the awesome ones I was gifted by my knitting buddy Kim, I don't use those very often for fear of them getting lost...


   Now I need to get back to work. Oh yeah, I am also supposed to be crocheting a pair of wrist warmers for my beloved son-in-law, too.  Maybe later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment