Friday, April 6, 2012

Craft Progress Report for 4.6.12

   I am very pleased to report that this morning I finished the knitted basket weave patterned afghan for my future grandbaby. Whew! It is currently in the washing machine, and needs to go into the dryer. After it's done I will photograph it for you.



   I am also pleased to announce that I have already started another afghan for future baby! This one is crocheted, a log cabin blanket done in Simply Soft yarn that I found in my stash. I had five pastel colors, with quite a bit left in the skeins. There's even a baby colors ombre yarn too.  So that makes six all together. Sometimes it's good to have a large stash!


   I got confused about how to do the log cabin, since I am doing it from memory. I went to the Lion Brand website and looked at the pictures they have, and I am doing it right. Whew. So now I can keep going! I am very excited about this one. Even though it's crocheted, it will be light, because the yarn is light. It will also live up to it's name, and be very very soft. Here's my progress so far! 




       The crochet hook is placed to remind me where the next section goes.  Hopefully, there will be more photos when it gets bigger. I am stopping every few sections to weave ends in, as it would be an overwhelming task, if left to the end. Hopefully it will look good when it's done. And I can go as big as I want!                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment