Friday, April 20, 2012

Tummy Trouble Update / Planning Next Project

   After changing my eating habits a little, my tummy troubles are better, it seems my tummy likes the change. All I did was not eat dinner so late, and cut snacking way down after dinner. It sucks, but when your body lets you know it's not happy, you had better listen.


   Last night, I made dinner for Hubs and myself, but it was so late that I was afraid to eat it. I saved my chicken breast for tomorrow. Today I ate dinner shortly after Hubs left for work. He leaves by 5 p.m. I cut up the meat from the two ribs that were left over from the weekend, and ate them in the rice left over from last nights dinner. I will eat the chicken breast tomorrow, at least I plan to. Unless the boy comes home starving later, and eats it.

  
   Can you believe it, I'm planning my next knitting project already. The garter stitch baby blanket is coming along nicely, but it is going to be so huge that it would be better for a giant's baby. I am seriously considering just finishing this first quarter square and calling it quits. Maybe I will add a crocheted border to it.


   I ordered a new knitting book from Amazon.com. It's called Baby Nouveau and its designer is Amy Poleyn. There are only ten patterns in this book, but I think I could make several of them. The first one really intrigues me. It will be my first foray into colorwork. If and when I start it, I will take and post photos for you all to see.


   Today I actually started a swatch of the colorwork, to see if I could manage it. I think I can do it! The colors I used were too alike in value, I used a purple solid and a variegated jewel tone yarn. I ended up frogging it after 5 rows, but I am determined to try again, with better color choices.


   I have unmitagated success in the colorwork department!!  I used two yarns from my stash, a deeper purple and a kids yarn, colorway Crayon. It turns out that they are both 50% cotton, 50% acrylic. They look great together. Unfortunately, I have misplaced the camera! I was going to take photos this morning, and when I couldn't find it, I spent what time I had today searching for it. I still haven't found it!!


   On a different front, it seems the crafting black hole has had enough of holding onto my spindle and fiber! I found them today while searching for my iron, which is a whole other story... one for another day.


   Hopefully, at this time tomorrow, I will be sitting here, typing my heart out about the success we had at Clermont! I am sooo looking forward to this. I need to go look for the camera again, I really want to get photos of Kim's booth! Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment