Tuesday, April 24, 2012

In Which I Make a Painful Decision

   We spent the better part of yesterday at the house in Fishkill, we didn't get home until 9:30 pm. By that time, it was too late for me to eat dinner, but I cooked for Hubs. I made a lot of Spanish Rice, since I was hungry. I broke down and ate a small amount of the stuff, and quickly chomped on four papaya tablets to aid my digestion.


   On the way home, since we were passing anyway, I asked Hubs to stop at A.C. Moore so I could check for yarn for the never-ending-garter-stitch baby blanket. With high hopes, I entered the store. But it was not meant to be. They had the yarn, and plenty of it, just not in my desired colorway. There wasn't even an empty slot on the shelf for it.


   So it looks like I will not be able to get more yarn for the stupid blanket. I have therefore decided to frog the whole thing, and start over. Now, I can hear you out there, "But there's the internet!!" I looked, I really did. I looked on ebay, and the average price per skein was almost double what the stores charge. I just can't afford that much right now. And as Hubs pointed out, the blanket is too big anyway.


   Here is my celebratory photo I took when I reached the 1/4 done mark:



   I am trying not to be sad. There are so many pretty baby yarns out there that I can choose from, And the stupid blanket was/is too fracking big. I will not be distracted by this setback. I will persevere. I will win! I AM WOMAN!  I AM KNITTER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment