Saturday, April 28, 2012

I Gots New Yarn!!

    At long last, I was finally able to satisfy my baser urges and get some new yarn today! YAY! I took daughter Sara with me, to help me pick out colors for the next baby blanket. After all, it could end up in her nursery.


   What she chose, I would not have chosen, but she marches to her own drummer. I'm sure it will turn out beautifully. So far, I have started the bottom border. This yarn is really soft, so it will be a pleasure to knit.  We went with Bernat's Softee Baby, in the colors of Flannel and Grey Marl. As soon as I get to the colorwork portion and have at least a few inches done, I will take new photos. Here is a photo of the yarn.



   Hopefully the colorwork pattern will show up well with these colors. I am tending to agree with Sara, she says that she finds grey a very soothing color. And these greys are very soft.  I am looking forward to knitting these yarns together.


   When I went out this morning, I borrowed Hubs' truck. He wanted to know why, so I had to tell him about the whistling noise my Jeep has been making the last few days. After starting it, and finally getting it to make the noise, he agreed I could take his truck. I really didn't want to bother him with this until at least tomorrow, when his work week is over.


   It was bad enough that when he got home this morning, we had no heat. I kind of hoped that it was just the batteries in the thermostat needed changing again, but no, we were out of fuel oil. We have a delivery scheduled for Monday. Did you know that for an "emergency" delivery our oil company charges $1.50 MORE PER GALLON?? That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a long time... That's why we are waiting until Monday. In the meantime, he went and got a few gallons of an alternative fuel.


   So we have had enough drama for today, thank you very much... But I am happy I got to buy some new yarn. It's been a very long time since I could do that.
  

2 comments:

  1. Yay for new yarn!
    Boo to the ridiculous amount everything costs these days.
    The blanket is going to be great, and soothing for knitter and receiver alike.

    Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deb! I'm already soothed. It's working.

    ReplyDelete