Friday, April 13, 2012

Stitch n Bitch Report!

   Today, both Kim and I figured we were on our own for Stitch n Bitch. Jan had work stuff to do, and Bonny had to watch her grandson. Imagine our happy surprise when into Cranberry's walks Cheryl, our long lost fellow knitter! We were so very happy to see her! It has literally been months since she was last able to make a meeting.


   For her, it's rather a long trip, so we understood. And shortly after that, Bella came through the door! It was one of those days when the unexpected happens, and we were all happy about it. Both Bella and I had to leave, before we wanted to, due to prior commitments. I had been waiting for a text that would tell me that I didn't have to babysit today, but it didn't come, so off I went.


    First I stopped at the post office, then home to set up the coffee maker for Hubs. Then I was off to babysit for my favorite 15 month old. And she was a pistol today, let me tell you. She is usually about ready for a nap by the time I get there at 11:15, but today, she did't collapse until 1:45! She really wore me out today, let me tell you! Running and dancing, and trying to make herself dizzy. At least she was having fun.

 
   Much later, I got to go home and hang out with Hubs while he woke up, and then got ready for work. I left for my interview just after he left for work. I was there in plenty of time. The interview went well, I thought. If they liked me and think I would be a good fit, they will call me in seven days or less. We shall see!


    After that, I went to Michael's craft store for more yarn for my new blanket. They didn't have any of the color I need. Of course. Then I tried Jo-Ann Fabrics. They didn't even have the yarn at all. It's no problem, really, I have three skeins of it, and I can look another time. On my way home, I stopped at the Karate School, just in time for Kim and Jan to be leaving. My next stop was the supermarket, to get some meat for dinner, since I forgot to take something out of the freezer this morning.


   And now that meat is cooking, and soon I will be applying some barbecue sauce. And that is about the end of my day. I plan on sitting here, eating my dinner, maybe having a drink later on. But for sure, I will be watching Dark Shadows. I am actually nearly through all the episodes currently available on Netflix...

No comments:

Post a Comment