Monday, April 16, 2012

Come Up To Clermont!

   This coming Saturday, April 21st, the annual Chancellor's Sheep and Wool Showcase is taking place up at Clermont. I believe it's a historic site. But it will be lots of fun! I will be there, helping man the booth of my friend Kim, of At Knits End Yarns! You've seen her etsy store, now you can see her Kool-aid dyed yarns and fibers in person!


   This is a small festival, not as huge as Rhinebeck, so it can be a lot more fun, especially for the kids! There are lots of crafts and things for them to do, and animals to see. There are demonstrations of sheep shearing, and of dogs herding the sheep. There are other things going on too, it's a good time for all! So, pack the car full of people and head to Clermont, it's only $8 a car load!


    I believe the hours are 11 - 4, so come early to get a full day of sheepy fun for the whole family! Come find the At Knits End Yarns booth and say hi to the two Kims! Tell me you heard about the festival on my blog. Unfortunately, I can't give you a discount or anything, but it will be fun to meet new friends, and I hope to see some old ones too!


   In closing, here is a shot of the progress so far on the never-ending-garter-stitch baby blanket! I am almost through one whole skein of yarn, and I'm not through one triangle yet!! There are eight triangles in this blanket, and I only have three skeins of yarn. I went to the local craft stores looking for more, but no one had any of this particular colorway. I'm using Bernat Baby Jacquards,  colorway Easter Basket. If anyone happens to see any, please let me know!! Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment