Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Some Future Plans, and We Need More Cats...

    I feel like a horrible mother, for I have been making plans for things to do when the boy moves out. Not that I am rushing him, or anything. It's just an epiphany I had a few months ago, that the boy would not be living here forever, and that we could make plans for when he's gone.


   When I brought this up to Hubs, he played along with me. We thought that it would be really cool to temporarily move into his bedroom, so we could do something we've talked about for years: Re-doing our bedroom. We have put it off for so long for the simple reason that there is not enough space in our little house for us to move our furniture into, while we do the redo.


   And now that he is moving out, and taking our sectional with him, that means we get a new couch! But before that can happen, Hubs has told me that he wants to rip all the carpeting out. And there is no better time than when the huge sectional is gone for good. I'm up for that too.


   One evening while we were discussing these plans, I mentioned to Hubs that after our current cat Ozzy has passed on, perhaps we should be pet free for a while. He agreed with that. However, as we sat in silence, watching the TV, the cat jumped up on the couch with us. I reached out to pet him. And as usual, he shied away from me. I continued to "torture" him, as Hubs calls it, by petting him and talking to him, and to really piss him off, pick him up and hold him.


   This got Hubs to thinking, "Who is she going to pick on when this cat is gone? ME...". So now he's thinking maybe we need more cats in the house. I think he's afraid of having all my attention focused on him alone. He says I have a strong tendency to "poke the rat" as he says. He might just be right....

No comments:

Post a Comment