Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Craft Report, Progress is Made!

    Today, I am pleased to report that I have turned the first corner in the never-ending-garter-stitch baby blanket. It's cool, short row by one stitch every other row til there's only five stitches left, then work back, adding a stitch every other row. I have turned the corner, and now I'm adding the short rowed stitches back on. It looks cool:




   I am very excited, even though I only have one more whole skein of this yarn left. I am hopeful that the A.C Moore store in Wappingers will have some, when I'm there on Monday next week. I figure I need about six more skeins. Please send me positive thoughts on this...


    I realized that this blanket will be about four feet across when it's done. Oh, well, it fits in with my life philosophy: Go Big or Go Home! I just have to hope she doesn't have a giant baby.
  

    I decided I wanted to make a small version, a washcloth, just to see how it looks when done. I have gotten half way finished with that, here's how it looks:




    That is my report for today. I am looking forward to working on the blanket at Clermont next Saturday, while I'm being a good minion and hope to get lots done. If I don't run out of yarn in the meantime.  < shudder >

No comments:

Post a Comment