Sunday, April 8, 2012

How I Spent My Sunday

   Today, I was going to stay home while Hubs went to the house in Fishkill. Our son was there, an Graeme turned up too. They were all there to help do some work on the house, I really wasn't needed.


   Hubs told me I was going to come with him. I had other plans for today. I was going to go grocery shopping.  I was going to get some more laundry done. And I was going to overdose on Dark Shadows episodes, which are now in color, by the way.


   But no, I had to go to Fishkill. I helped out where I could. I scraped the walls in the two bedrooms, in preparation  for painting. I gave some advice when the boys were pulling out the posts from the ramp that is no longer there. I threw out some old mildewy books from the front porch. I sat and ate some really good barbecue from a place called Dickeys. It really was good!  It has to be the first time I've had brisket that wasn't all dry and nasty.


   By the time we got home, the supermarket was closed. Of course, we had to stop at Home Depot. So no food for dinner tonight.  All because it's a holiday. I hope everyone had a very nice Zombie Jesus Day. It's a fact, people, Jesus was the first zombie. He came back from the dead after three days. That is the textbook definition, people. I know there aren't any stories passed down about him eating brains or flesh, but I've decided that those aspects of it have been covered up by the church.

  
   Well, I have offended enough people for today! I'm exhausted, so I will be going to be early tonight. 5:45 comes really early, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment