Thursday, April 5, 2012

Facing an Empty Nest

   Yup, that's right. My youngest child is going to be moving out. All the way to Fishkill, into his grandmother's house. Her husband wanted him to have it anyway, so he should be smiling down at us from heaven. That is, if he's not mad at us for moving his ashes...


   So the son wants to live in the house in Fishkill. At least he will have a roommate, Graeme,  to share expenses. It makes sense, since Graeme works in Fishkill most of the time. Of course, Jess will now have a nice commute to Hyde Park to work, but he will be closer to his girlfriend. I think she likes that idea.


   Now I can start planning the Empty Nest Party! Of course, I haven't mentioned it yet to Graeme's parents, but I bet they'd be down for one. And after the actual move, we can finally start doing some work in this house, that we've wanted to do for a long time, but just haven't been able to get done because there was no room to move anything.


   There is still a lot of work that needs to get done in the Fishkill house, before the boys can move in. Floors to be refinished, a bathroom to be reassembled, carpet on stairs to come out. As well as painting and general cleaning. But it will get done.


   Hubs has even told Jess he can have our sectional! I'm so excited, because this means I get a new couch!! I've been looking already, on line. I'm leaning towards a double recliner couch, but I have always wanted a chaise. We shall see....


   I am also extremely excited at how much money I will save on groceries! TRUTH! When Jess comes home for dinner, I need twice as much meat as I would need for Hubs and I alone. And don't get me started about those nights when he says he'll be home for dinner and then changes his mind and doesn't let me know.


   Either way, I know he's ready to live on his own. He's more mature than his father and I combined! He has a really good head on his shoulders. I know he will make a go of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment