Monday, April 9, 2012

I Had a Job Interview!!

   Yes, after three long years, I have had a job interview. There's this local store, called the Awesome Store, which is run by a local family. They make most of the things they sell, and what the don't make themselves, they get mostly from local people.


   I frequent their store here in Hyde Park. I love the smell when you walk in. It is a very herbal garlic-type smell. Absolutely delicious. They have the best soup mixes! I have used them regularly for at least three Winters now. I even bought the Cream of Broccoli mix just for my son, who loves broccoli. He only ate a little, as he had already eaten that evening. But Julie liked it, and so did I. I added a bunch more broccoli to it, from a bag of frozen chopped broccoli.


   I had to travel down to their second store, in the mall, for the group interview. There were three young chickies and my middle-aged self. I was intimidated. But I think it went pretty well; after all, I have used quite a few of their products, and after the interview, the chickies left right away. I stayed and talked to the assistant manager, and bought a couple of things. That may have given me the edge.

  
  Now I just have to wait. The assistant manager said that she will go over her notes with the manager, and if they are interested in any of us, we will get a call for a one on one interview. Yay, something to look forward to.


   Technically, this was my second interview in the three years that I have been unemployed. The first was last summer at Michael's craft store. That went well too, but the man never called me. And to start the interview, he kept me waiting, with no explanation, for about a half an hour. I thought maybe it was a test of sorts, where they keep you waiting and watch and see what you do. It wasn't a test.


   Let's all just hope that this one turns out better than the last one! Thanks for your positive thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment