Saturday, April 21, 2012

Clermont Sheep and Wool Festival Report

   Today was the big day! We had a really great time, and learned a few things too. I even remembered to take some photos! We got there earlier than we had planned, only because Kim and Cherub were ready sooner than expected. I hurried and got there as soon as I could.


   We got all set up pretty quickly, and settled in to await the crowds! Here is what the booth looked like:


 This is a shot of Kim's yarns, a closer view:

  

   Here is a photo of Kim's fiber braids:




    We had a really fun day, it was so nice to meet so many people who love yarn! For some reason, I am totally exhausted, and I am not the only one. All three of us were yawning on the drive home. The Cherub managed to keep herself entertained, both at the crafts for kids booth, and on a sort of treasure hunt. I had to accompany her on that one, she had to prowl around the grounds of the estate looking for sheep, writing down their names, and figuring out the clues to the next sheep. And she won! She was the first to get the names of all the sheep. Yay for the Cherub!                                   


It was a long day, and now I'm ready for either a nap or a pot of coffee. I haven't  decided which it will be.                                                                                                    
One last photo, this is a felted rabbit that I bought, he was so cute that I couldn't resist!


                                               





No comments:

Post a Comment