Monday, April 2, 2012

I Remembered a Few More!

   When we lived in Fishkill, after my mother-in-law passed away, both Hubs and I had experiences there. First, I should say that Betty's ashes were kept on a shelf in the living room, and after we had his dug up, her husband Tom's were there too. I would talk to her quite often. Betty was there for 6 months, Tom only about 4 weeks.


   Hubs was working nights, and sleeping during the day, as he is now. There was more than once that I would be watching TV, reading, or knitting in the living room and I would hear a knock on the door. I would get up, and go to answer it. Each time, there was no one at the door. Sometimes, I would sense that someone was behind me, or I could see someone out of the corner of my eye. Again, there was no one ever there. I have to say, I was never afraid or uncomfortable at these times. Just frustrated. When these things happened, is when I would talk to Betty, and tell her to stop laughing, it's not funny.

  
   After we came home, Hubs and I would still go there on his days off from work, to keep clearing out the house and getting rid of unusable stuff. Sometimes Hubs would have to go by himself. He finally remembered to tell me that more than once, when he was working upstairs in the bathroom, he also heard someone knocking on the door. He would have to stop what he was doing, and go downstairs to answer the door. And every time, no one was there. He was getting frustrated, thinking maybe he was hearing things. At least until I told him I had the same experience when we were living there.


   And now for some reason, he doesn't like to work at the house alone.....

No comments:

Post a Comment