Thursday, April 26, 2012

What's New in My Knitting World

   I have sort of changed my mind about the frogging of the never-ending-garter-stitch baby afghan. I've decided to just put it away and keep looking for the yarn.


   I have decided to end my color work sample too. It was getting kinda long, and I needed to check on it's wash and dryability. It is in right now in the dryer. I had used two yarns that turned out to be 50% cotton, 50% acrylic. I didn't know this when I started! I had picked the one yarn for its color, and tried it out with an acrylic yarn. I didn't like the way they looked together. I frogged it, and went looking in my stash. I came across the one skein on the multi-colored yarn, and the textures of the two yarns were very similar, so I started the sample over with the two of them.


   About 4 pattern repeats later, I decided to check on the fiber content of the yarns, and found out that they were the same! Happy coincidence. Now I am seriously considering using that blend in the actual blanket. I really like how the knitted fabric felt, and am just waiting on the wash/dry results for final decision.


   It just pains me that I may have to go to Hobby Lobby for the yarn, as the mulitcolored one is one of their store brand baby yarns. I really really don't want to shop at that store. I object to their throwing their religious stuff at me. I object to the Jesus mints and bible verse wrapped gum they sell at the checkouts. I object to the sign on their door that states that they are closed on Sundays so their employees can worship with their families. Not all religions worship on Sundays.


   Once I noticed these things, I decided I wouldn't shop there unless I had no choice. I truly object to having religion thrown in my face. I don't throw mine around, have the same courtesy, please. My close knitting friend thinks I'm crazy, and can't wait for me to voliate my principles.


  I think I'm done for today. Babysitting for two full days has drained me completely, I am soooo ready for an early bed time tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment