Friday, January 27, 2012

Another Busy Busy Day

   Yup, today I had another busy day. I left home at 9 a.m. and have been on the run almost the whole darn day. First was Stitch n Bitch, then I took care of my youngest charge for 4 hours. Then home to get Hubs off to work, and I got to relax for about half an hour. Then it was off to Karate to hang with my bud Kim, at least I hope she's still my bud... And from there I went directly to Bonny's for a Dove Chocolate tasting party. Whew. I spent the last of my grocery money on that one. Oh, well. Who needs to eat?

   I brought my camera, but didn't get to take any photos. It was a little dark in there. The chocolate was delicious for the most part. It just seems that lately every Friday turns into a busy day! My young charge is very adorable. I intend to ask her parents if I can take her photo, so I can show you how adorable she is. My older charge is 9, and very jealous. She wants me to be her babysitter exclusively. I will ask if I can take her photo too, I wouldn't want to be accused of favoritism!

   My post is late tonight, I just got home from the chocolate party. And I had to run to the store, we were nearly out of half and half. That would be a disaster! And I am really tired too. Working for a living sucks, even if it's babysitting, and part time. But I will say that I am learning a lot from Nick Jr.!!

   I walked in there yesterday, and they were teaching preschoolers sign language! I learned from a singing woman how to sign different emotions. I now can make the signs for "grumpy" and "silly".  I am sure I will find these very useful!

   The other day they were talking about art concepts. Pointilism! The moose explained about making a painting made up of different color dots. "Can you say Pointilism, boys a girls?" I KID YOU NOT. "From far away its a picture, but when you look at it up close, it's all dots!"

   I absolutely could not compete with that. Who needs school? Pretty soon they can issue kids a high school degree before they even go to a real school! It just blows my mind. If they had had this stuff on TV when my kids were little? Who knows where they would be by now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment