Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Joy of Sleeping In

   Today I got to sleep in! Of course, I woke up when Hubs got home from work, and it took a while to get back to sleep, because he was banging and cursing in the kitchen. He had decided to make an omelet and had trouble getting the lid for the pan out of the cupboard. But I finally fell back asleep! I didn't get up until 10. It was absolutely wonderful and indulgent.

   I made coffee when I got up, and Hubs had some with me. Shortly after that, he went in to try to go to sleep. By noonish, I got my coffee finished, and got dressed. I went to visit my beloved daughter Sara. We had a nice visit. Then we went to Adams Fairacre Farms, I needed to get some meats, and theirs are really good quality. It just so happens that Sara lives near there! I figured I might as well, right? I just couldn't get near the coffee counter. The meat was way too heavy in my hand basket.

   Another time, I will make the trip and get some coffee. They have loose tea there too. Perfect! Just what I need for my tea maker I got for Christmas. So now it's late afternoon, and I need to decide what to have for dinner. It will be pork chops, it totally depends on my son, whether he will be home for dinner or not. If he will be home, I will need double the amount of meat that I cook for Hubs and myself alone. He is that big an eater. But being a Karate instructor, six days a week, he uses up a lot of calories.

   I am assuming that at some point he will be traveling to his girlfriends house, but I see that she's working until late tonight. So he may not go until after dinner. Either way, I have two packages of pork chops out. If he's going to be here, I will cook them both, if not, I will cook only one and put the other one if the freezer.

   Can any of my dear readers take a wild guess why I can't wait for him to move out? My food bill will go down drastically! And I will save lots of money! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment