Monday, January 23, 2012

We Have My Specialty For Dinner!

   I am not the worlds best cook, but there are a couple of dishes that I make that are awesome. The first is my mom's chili. I have changed a few things and made it my own. Now my beloved daughter has the recipe, and I can't wait to see what she does with it.

   Another recipe is Stroke. I have discussed Stroke in an earlier post, so I will just say that this was my Hubs' favorite dish when he was a kid. Again, I changed it just a little and made it my own.

   The third, and the one I am most proud of, is my macaroni and cheese. I make it from scratch, just like my mom taught me. It always comes out absolutely perfect. No matter what I do to it. I think the only change is have made is the type of pasta I use. My mom always used elbows, and I now use Cavatappi; which is elbows, but corkscrew-like. It's like they let it go through the machine longer before they cut it.  I have been tempted to use Rotelle at times, but we like the Cavatappi.

   I had already had one helping of the mac n cheese before I remembered to take a photo of it... So here it is, minus one helping!


   OK, so I like big helpings.... Anyway, it was good this time too! I was worried it might be soupy because the roux wasn't as thick as it usually is. But it turned out just fine. I was just informed that there are two servings removed from the dish, since Hubs had some on his plate before I took the photo.

   Tonight we had pork chops with my marvelous mac n cheese. I cooked them on my cast iron grill pan. I love that pan! Now, just as it has always been, the meat served with the mac n cheese is mentioned as an afterthought. Mac n cheese is the star, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment