Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January Craft Report and A Busy Day

   Craftwise, things are moving slowly this new year. I am still working on the first piece of Chloe's sweater, and have come to a stand still on her purple hat. I could keep knitting, but I'm afraid it to start the decreases until I try it on her little head. I don't want it to be too long. The sweater, I just have difficulty crocheting with such a small hook, and it hurts my hands if I crochet for too long. So I need to take breaks.

   But I do have some photos of the work so far! First up is the hat in progress:


And here is the shot of the sweater piece. It's the back, the biggest piece.



   I was supposed to go see my daughter-in-law and grandchildren today, but I got a text from her this morning saying we need to reschedule. And that's fine! I may have needed to reschedule anyway, I have a lot going on today.

   I don't like to plan things ahead of time too much, I have found that if I do so, something almost always happens to frack up my plans. So, I tend to live more spontaneously. Certain things, of course, need to be planned, but for the most part, I like to fly by the seat of my pants, so to speak.

   So, today, I find myself with too many things to do. It sometimes works out that way, I find. We had the tree guy coming to finish cutting down the big tree by the road. Hubs had told me he was going to take the night off, so he could be awake for this. He works at night, so he sleeps during the day, and tonight is the first day of his work week.

   Since he was going to be home, I made plans to visit with my grandbabies. I figured, he would be home, and awake, so I could go. Then he wasn't sure if he had the night off or not, so that part of the plan was in jeopardy. I might have to be home for the tree guy. Also, I have an appointment to meet the baby I might be babysitting for later in the day. I'm looking forward to that, she's such a cutie.

   We were waiting to hear from Hubs' boss whether or not he had to work tonight. The boss finally called, he is confirmed for the night off. Yippee skippee. On top of all of this, I need to go grocery shopping at some point. AND, today is the day I usually visit with a friend while her daughter is at karate class. If I get out of my "interview" early enough, which I doubt, I will go right to karate. If karate is over by that time, I will just go directly grocery shopping. I think that's all of it.

   I love days like this, when everything happens all the same day. But it usually works out. The grandbabies visit got canceled, and Hubs has the night off. Soon, I need to shower for my meeting with prospective charge.  After that, we'll see. As I see it, there's no point getting stressed about this kind of thing, because it all works out the way it's supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment