Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Christmas Update, Better Late Than Never!

   I was just reading some older posts, and realized that Christmas came and went and I never revealed exactly why Hubs and son couldn't make the family Christmas dinner. As a surprise for his dad, my son purchased tickets for the two of them to attend the Christmas Eve Giants NFL football game. It was a big secret. Jess didn't want his dad to know about it.

   You see, the Giants are my Hubs' favorite team. But for many years he couldn't even watch any football games, as he worked Sunday and Monday nights. He worked every other Saturday as well. Since he worked nights, he would have to sleep through any football games that were on TV. But last year, he was moved to the opposite night shift, so he had Sundays and Mondays off! At long last he could watch the football games.

  Unfortunately, it seemed that whenever he would watch the Giants play, they would lose. Even if they were ahead when he started watching! So he kind of stopped watching, it being his fault that they were losing all the time. But ever since he saw them play in person, which was his first time ever, I should mention, it seems that the curse has been broken!


   And now the Giants are going to the Super Bowl. Hubs is beside himself. He was very surprised about his gift, and very, very pleased!  Now he has the memories that he will never forget, and the experience was very memorable indeed!


   There was a group that went to the game, my son, his girlfriend, her mom and sister, and some friends all went. Some of them are Giants fans and some are Jets fans. It made for an interesting mix! After the game, I went down to Julies house, and we all had dinner together. It was the first time we had met Julies mom and step-dad. At that point, they had been seeing each other for over a year. It was long overdue, don't you think?


   Anyway, this year marks the first Super Bowl that Hubs can watch in about 15 years. He super excited about it. As for myself, I have mixed feelings. I am used to watching to the heck I want to that night, and I may have to go into the bedroom to watch TV for the evening. Or maybe not...

No comments:

Post a Comment