Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sunday's Movie Report On Tuesday

Written Sunday:
   This morning, there was nothing much to watch on regular TV. This continues to astonish me, that we have hundreds of different channels, and still can find nothing to our satisfaction to watch.

   Before he went off to bed, Hubs and I were watching a movie on Netflix. I had watches A Wrinkle In Time last night, and it was really good. After it was over, I went through the Science Fiction and Fantasy selections and pulled out some movies I might be interested in, and put them in the Instant Queue.

   The movie we were watching was one of those. I continued watching it after he went to bed. It didn't suck, but it wasn't very satisfying either. I was amused that it was narrated by Amanda Tapping, of the Stargate TV series, and now starring in Sanctuary. What I found really amusing was that other actors from Sanctuary were also in the movie. The actors who play Henry the werewolf, and her character's daughter Ashley were also featured in the movie with Ms. Tapping.

   Then I tried watching a Charlie Chan movie, from 1945. It turned out that I had seen that particular one already. Hubs got up for a cigar about this time, so we went through the selection together. We chose another movie, called Gamer, with Gerard Butler. YUM! I would watch him in almost anything. We watched this for about a half an hour, and it was very confusing, it jumped all over the place, the past, the present(of the movie), and between different characters. It was hard to follow. Shortly after Hubs went back to bed, I turned it off.

   Then I selected and rejected a few more films, then finally settled on a cartoon called The Secret of Kells. I almost turned it off right away, as the style of animation put me off. But I decided I wanted to see the story, so I got over it.

   Of course, all this movie viewing will come to an abrupt end when the Giants football game comes on later. But I have a few hours until then! I think I will try another Charlie Chan film when this animated one is over...

P.S. And the Giants WON! And they are going to the fracking Super Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment