Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Out of the Craft Basket

   Last month, I took all my WIPs and put them all in one place, in my big L.L.Bean bag, the one with all the pockets on the outside. I love that bag. Anyway, a few days ago, I decided to take out a project and work on it. I wanted something easy and mindless.

   I found a black wool tote bag that I was working on. It has a crocheted circular bottom, and I picked up all the edge stitches and am knitting it in the round. After it's done, I plan on felting it. I haven't decided about the top, or straps or anything yet. I know that the scarf I was working on was easy and mindless, but it's only 21 stitches and goes back and forth. Too much activity for my mind right now. I know, I will have to finish it soon, Samantha is very excited about her scarf.

   The bag is black, and doesn't photograph well, so I have no photos of it. And it's only about 5 inches tall as of yet. The bottom is about 15 or 16 inches across. It's my first experiment in mixing crochet with knitting, and it's my own design. I do, however, have a photo of the progress on Samantha's scarf!


   And that's how it goes. It is really pretty, I love the texture of it! You can hardly tell it's garter stitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment