Monday, January 9, 2012

Rude People Piss Me Off

    I am thinking about rude people a lot today. It seems to me that sometimes people are rude without knowing it. Like what happened to me in the bookstore last week. I was standing there, looking at a display of new books. There was room between the display and myself, in case someone needed to walk past. I am thoughtful that way. This old lady walked right in front of me, stopped, and turned to look at the very same display I was perusing. I wasn't that far away, it was pretty obvious what I was doing. I just waited, and she didn't move. The friend I was shopping with found me, and raised an eyebrow questioningly. I remarked, not quietly, that I guess I was done looking at this display. I just walked away, shaking my head.

   I don't think she meant to be rude. She just wasn't paying attention to her surroundings. My Hubs says that's what is going on more and more these days.  People only caring about what they are doing, and not caring about their fellow humans. Whether they are shopping, driving, or whatever! After all, they are the most important person in the world, right? And YOU need to get out of THEIR way...

   Then there are the people who are deliberately rude. These people, I truly do not understand. Like when two friends in a group have a falling out. It is still possible to be friends with all the other members of the group! This has happened before, and it is managable. But when said friend breaks all contact with everyone in the group, even though they harbor no ill will? And said cut-off friends try to contact the person they thought was their friend? The rebuff hurts the feelings of the whole group now.

   How do you totally cut an entire group of people, who thought you were their friend, out of your life? What does that say about you?  I mean, some of us are likely to run into each other on occasion, there are a limited number of places to grocery shop, for example. I know that I, for one, would still smile and say "hello, how are you!", not ignore and pretend I didn't see you.

   As for the initial incident that started the whole thing? Only the two people involved know what happened. The friend who is still in the group won't talk about it. And we don't ask. We are just sorry we lost a friend when we did nothing to deserve such treatment.  Sounds like someone needs to have their meds adjusted.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    I love what you had to say today it's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have these same thoughts myself at times. Especially the bookstore situation. That has happened to me time a again, just gotta shake your head.
    Keep writing, you are good at it. Waiting for your book to come out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Perhaps that's what I'm working towards...

      Delete