Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pressure? What Pressure?

   Squee! I learned today that one of my fellow Stitch n Bitch ladies "loves" my blog! She told me that she looks forward to reading it every day. I loved hearing it, but it got me thinking, and it made me aware of how careful I should be. After all, you never know who is reading what you write. I love telling my stories. But some of them might offend people, especially if they think the story is about them.

   I go out of my way to really think hard about what I write, to mask any identifying features of anyone who might not want to be written about. And what about those who see themselves in stories that actually aren't about them? I can't control what they think. Guilty conscience on their part, I should think.

   So I kind of feel some pressure now. To entertain, to amuse, to hopefully not offend. I wish that more people would leave me comments, with their names so I know who they are, especially if I know them personally. I don't have a very large audience, as of yet, but I like to think that I am amusing enough that people will want to read me.

   I have several ideas for posts, that I have tried to write about. They are troublesome, and didn't turn out to match the thoughts in my head. I will continue to work on these. Maybe one of these days, they will be good enough to post. You have all taken my posts in stride, even the ones I considered controversial. Good for you, I'm proud of you. And thanks for reading me. Maybe someday I will write a book.

   P.S. The post from 1/18? Entitled Where did it go? I found it, it was in my documents in my laptop, as I suspected. I have since published it, it was Words Can Hurt.

3 comments:

  1. Lookie what I figured out to do! You TOTALLY should write a book someday, love reading you, entertaining and amusing, without being a know-it-all :) -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Not that you're biased or anything.... You ARE my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have already told you, would read it even if you weren't my friend :p-Kim

    ReplyDelete