Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Worlds Best Procrastinator

   Yup, that's me, the worlds best procrastinator. Let me put it this way: I have yet to write the thank you's from my wedding, Hubs and I just celebrated our 22nd anniversary. I'm thinking, at this point, they are not gonna get done. Many apologies to my very proper Victorian-minded mother. I have always said that she was born too late, she should have been born during the reign of Queen Vicky.

   Hubs was notified by mail a few months ago that his insurance company was going to require that all maintenance medications be done in three month supply, by mail only. This sucks on a number of levels. First, I have developed a deep rapport with the staff at my local pharmacy. They see me coming, they have my stuff ready by the time it's my turn. They know me. It's awesome.

   Second: It is up to me to call the mail order place and actually place the order. First we went to visit our doctor, and got all our meds straight. Here's where the procrastination part comes in. Today is the 10th of January. I just called this morning, to place the order. (Remember, we knew in November that we needed to do this!) I can't explain it, but I have to mentally prepare myself for doing things like this. I hate making phone calls, especially to people I don't know. Hubs doesn't understand. I don't either, really. It's not like the company or whoever I'm calling yells at me, or anything. I must have had a traumatic experience on the phone at one point or another. I couldn't tell you. But I am getting better at it, thanks to Hubs making me make most of the phone calls.

   Oh yeah, there is a third reason! It turns out that for three of our medications, I have to get a paper scrip for a three month supply, and mail it to them. I made that phone call this morning too. I was on a roll, what can I say?

   Another thing I've procrastinated about? The afghans I made for the Deckers? I haven't yet mailed them to Texas. They are done, all washed and dried. They just need to be properly folded and have the air sucked out of them, then get put into a box and mailed. I am really really good at procrastinating. What does that old lady cartoon say? Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? It works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment