Thursday, January 26, 2012

Seen at the Supermarket Today...

   Today I had to go to the supermarket, as I needed more meat for dinner. I picked up my package of meat, and headed to the checkout. I really detest the check-yourself-out check outs, I feel there isn't enough human interaction anymore. I only use it when I am really in a hurry and there's no one waiting on a line for one.

   I went to the line where there was no one waiting, an old lady was the only customer. She was almost done, the checkout boy was packing her purchases in bags for her. She was just standing there, leaning on the cart. He was finished with her order, so he started mine. The old lady was still just standing there. Her bags were not in her cart. How hard is it to pick up your bags and put them in the cart?

   The young man put my meat in a bag for me, And I walked around the old lady, who was finally putting her bags in her cart... Now, I know, I know, the kid could have put the bags in her cart for her. But she could have asked him to also. I almost always pack my own groceries in the bags myself. I prefer to. It takes a lot less time.

   I get sincerely aggravated at people who just stand there, expecting the cashier to pack for them. It takes sooo much longer, and these people look like assholes when they just stand there! I have even commented that it's faster for everyone if you pack your own groceries!!

   And don't get me started on people who don't even have a check written out until after their order is all finished!! I always had my check written out, except for the amount, by the time I got to the checkout line. Of course, that was back when I wrote a check to pay for my groceries. Now I just use my debit card. No fuss, no muss.

   I guess that this was my ranting for today! You can relax now, it's over! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment