Sunday, January 8, 2012

A New Career Path?

   I have spent almost my entire adult life working in the manufacturing field. All of that time in different "clean rooms". But as some of you may remember, I have been out of work since July 2009. Almost three years! I know I have talked about the struggles of looking for work, and the frustrations.

   Now it seems that the Goddess has other plans for me. I started babysitting a few weeks ago, for a friend in need. It's only two hours a day, two days a week. They pay me very well. Now another babysitting job may happen for me! This one is five days a week, with hours that don't interfere with the other gig. Nice!

   I saw a facebook post from a friend of my son's, looking for a sitter. He posted this three or four times over several days. I thought about it. Then I decided that if that's what the Goddess wanted me to do, she would put us together somehow. And she did. The other day, I saw him in the drugstore parking lot. So I spoke to him, and went and talked to him and his mom today. I hope to meet his daughter and girlfriend soon, and I hope she likes me.

   As I am typing this, it seems familiar. I may have already told you about this. But I am excited about it, so you get to hear about it again. His little girl is just 1 year old, and she is so cute! I can't wait to meet her and get to know her. This could be fun.

   On the crafting front, I am still working of Chloe's hat. I am just worried it will be too tall. I hope to go to her house tomorrow, so I can check it on her personally. I will call her mom in the morning, when I get home from "work".

   I will let you all know, dear readers, how it all turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment