Wednesday, June 13, 2012

An Amusing Story

     I have to tell you, I found this hilarious. For all the seasons that it's been on, my family has watched House, M.D.. I like it because it's the only show on television, ever, to mention my disease, Sarcoidosis. And I find Hugh Laurie and the House character adorable.


     Now, my beloved youngest child has only seen Mr. Laurie as House, and so is unaware of his earlier body of work. One day, I was watching a British TV show on Netflix, MI 5. Hugh Laurie was in that episode, as the head of MI 6, I believe.


     Now, as I am watching the show one evening, son comes home and wants to know what I'm watching. I tell him, and tell him to watch with me, as House is in this episode. He sits down, and within minutes, Mr. Laurie makes his appearance in the scene. A few minutes later, my son turns to me and says:
              "God, his British accent is terrible, so fake sounding!"

     After I stopped laughing, I pointed out that the "fake sounding" British accent is, in fact, his real voice and that his American accent is so good, that a lot of people don't know he's British! He didn't believe me. I can only hope that at some point he will Google "Hugh Laurie" and find out for himself.


     There is another actor, the good looking guy from The Glades, who is Australian! When I heard him talk in his natural voice, I was shocked. He also has a very good American accent. Just goes to show ya, you can never tell anymore where a person is from. American accents must be easy to do.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment