Monday, June 4, 2012

Do Champagne and Crocheting Mix?

    Today, I was up at the ass crack of dawn to watch my friends Cherub. I go home for about two hours, then watch Miss Malia. So I am a little on the tired side. Hubs and I did lie down and try to nap after I got home, but neither of us could fall asleep.


     So when my friend Kit called, I said "Sure, c'mon over!" See, she is my son's roommates mom. And they have been friends since kindergarten. And we are both facing the empty nest thing. At least we have each other. She brought a bottle of champagne, which we cracked open, and poured healthy cupfuls.


    We sat and talked, and drank champagne. We visited for about two hours. After she left, I picked up my crocheting. Now, I was good and buzzed. Champagne and I have a history, and I usually end up asleep. So I started working again on my shawl, happily, since I finally got my crochet hook back from the couch. I must say that as far as I can tell, I have not made any mistakes on the shawl while under the influence. I have done several rows.


    I took a break to cook dinner, and crocheted while the chicken was in the oven. I am no longer buzzed, but I do have a pretty good headache. Since we have eaten, I am no longer buzzed. Now we are watching one of my favorite movies, The Last Legion. I love unusual stories about King Arthur and where he came from. This is a good one.


    I assume that at some point in the near future, I will be answering the question posed in the title, as right now, I don't really care. I'm just too tired to check my work. And I am very glad I have someone nearby to visit with, who will also be missing her son. After all, misery loves company.

No comments:

Post a Comment