Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fantasy TIme

    Today I made a decision. If I ever win oodles and oodles of money in the lottery, I know what one thing for sure I will do. I will buy a freestanding building, and open a yarn shop. If it's big enough, it will also contain a book store and a coffee shop. This is my newest fantasy.


    For many years, my fantasy was to move to a college town, and open a quaint little New Age book store. To illustrate how long ago I arrived at this fantasy, it was when my daughter was little, and before I married my beloved Hubs. Ideally, Sara would have attended the college in the town where we lived, and brought all her friends to the bookstore to meet her cool new age mom.


    That idea was so ingrained in me that I actually started writing a book about a character who does exactly that. Unfortunately I never got past the outline. I had character names, and relationships all worked out, but could never settle on a plot. What would there people do in their lives? I never did figure it out.


    My character had a live-in housekeeper, after all she had a business to run. She drove a Mercedes SUV, which I was in love with when they first came out. The SUV was added later, I remember we lived in our current house when I saw the first one.


    She owned a large property outside of town, a Victorian house with a large barn that had been converted to a house, and two of her friends lived there. I had even figured out where she got all this money from. But I don't remember now. I believe I still have the notes I made all those years ago, they are here in this house somewhere, but I don't know where. Maybe someday I will come across them.


    Anyway, back to my current fantasy. I even have a property in mind to buy. There is an empty building, near where my friend lives, that used to be a restaurant, I believe. All the years I have lived in Hyde Park, it has been empty. I would love to make that into my yarn/book/coffee shop. I believe it would be perfect! If only I could get a look inside! But that will have to wait until I come into a very large amount of money.


   I need to remember to go by there and take a photo one of these days. I hope you would all agree with me about its potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment