Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Next Two Projects....

     I finally decided it's time to replace my crocheted tire cover on my Jeep, so I've started a new one! I bought the yarn a few weeks ago, but I was waiting to be done with a few other things first, and waiting for my crochet hooks to reappear when we moved the couch out of here.


     I went with another color scheme entirely for the new one! I started with burgundy, and found a variegated yarn to go with it, called Cherry Chip. It's got the dark red, as well as tan, dark tan, and chocolate brown. I like it. Here is a photo of the two yarns, together:




      So far, so good. I'm sure Hubs will hate it, thinking it's too girly. See, he hasn't driven my Jeep very often since I put the last tire cover on, he feels the other boys will make fun of him. I even started making one out of camouflage colored yarn. But I don't like it much, so I never finished it. I probably should, since my Jeep is green, and the camo would kind of cool on the back. Here is a photo of the progress I've made so far:


     At this rate, it won't take long to finish this one off! However, I will probably need help putting it on, since it took two of us to get the last one on. I made it a bit small, so it went on nice and snug. It's been on nearly two years now, and it's starting to get a bit ratty looking. As a reminder, here is what the current one looks like!


 

 
    Well, it's now after  p.m. and I've had to stop crocheting. My hand hurts! I will rest it overnight and start again tomorrow. Here is how far I've gotten:


    That was written last night. Today, I've made more progress on the tire cover. But the going is slow, it's been a while since I crocheted this much. My hand is aching. Today, I found two skeins of Lion Brand Pound of Love in my stash, in the denim blue colorway. I like this color! It's calling me, it wants to be a blanket for a small person. But I can't decide whether to crochet a blanket or knit one. I will have to think about this some more.


    The two choices? For crochet, I would make my favorite pattern, it's only 4 rows of any one stitch, so it doesn't get too boring. It's sort of my trademark blanket, we all have one, even son-in-law Mike, and Jesse's grilfriend Julie. Even both grandkids each have one! Only fair that the next grandbaby gets one too.


    The other, knitted option, would be to make that EZ blanket I started with the yarn I can't find any more of to finish it. I would make it a bit smaller, and with the two pounds of yarn, that should be plenty to make a finished blanket. Here's a photo of the yarn:



    It looks pretty against the pink of my chair, doesn't it!  As you probably guessed, I made the pillow cover that the yarn is sitting on too. It's on a pillow from our former couch. The corner where I sat kind of sank, so I would sit on the pillow to raise myself up to normal seat height.


    If anyone has any opinions on which blanket I should make, please feel free to leave me a comment!
      




No comments:

Post a Comment