Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happily Crocheting Again!

     I am very excited, since I got my crochet hook back from the couch, where it had fallen last week, I am nearly finished with my new shawl!! This morning, as I was hanging with the Cherub, I crocheted until I had to stop due to lack of yarn. I didn't bring another skein with me!


    Shortly after I got home, I connected the next skein, and was once again happily crocheting! My shawl is a pentagram triangle shawl, designed by Maria Merlino. I have seen the pattern for sale on etsy, she has a shop there now. When I bought it, she had her own web site. It's been quite a while since I purchased the pattern!


     There I was, sitting in my chair, counting the minutes until it was time to go and sit for Miss Malia. I suddenly realised I hadn't checked my phone lately, and there it was, a text message from her mom, saying I wasn't needed today! Yippee Skippee, I am free!


    Since it is currently raining, I can't take my shawl outside to photograph it. I don't understand it. It was really sunny earlier! Oh, well, I made do, taking advantage of the absence of part of the sectional. Here is the photo:



    I have to say, I'm very happy with how it came out. You can't see it in this photo, but the yarn has very subtle black sparklies in it. I am sorry to say that while I had it laid out on the floor, I didn't take any measurements. It's not as big as the last one, the point of which dragged on the ground at the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival.


    It hasn't even been washed and dried yet! I can't wait to wear it! I should mention, the yarn I used was from Red Heart, called Shimmer, color Black. Each of the colors of this yarn has the same color sparklies in it. It's a nice yarn to work with, and is machine washable and dryable.

2 comments:

  1. Are you Pagan, Kim? How did I not know this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit to Pagan leanings, like to keep my beliefs semi-private. Usually only those closest to me are in the know. Trying to crack open the broom closet.

    ReplyDelete