Sunday, June 3, 2012

Operation Empty Nest Phase II

    Well, today was the final day. The son is all moved into his new house, furniture and all. This time, I got to go along, so I got to see how the kids have set everything up. They did a good job. And now that the couch is all in place, there's room for tons of people to sit!


    That being said, it was traumatic for me. As we were leaving, my boy shook his dad's hand, and remarked that it was weird. Then I got a big hug, and he asked me if I was OK, and if I was going to be OK. Of course I said yes, but I was tearing up. I turned away quickly after he finally let me go.


    I did remember to take a couple of photos while they were loading the truck, for the second time. I forgot the first time. Then, after they left the first time, the sky got dark, and it got all windy, then it started to rain. Then we lost power for a little while. But by the time the boys got back, the rain had stopped and everything was drying up.



    They had gotten the first load of couch to Fishkill with no problem. Second load also made it with no problem. Whew. Tomorrow, Hubs and I are having a little empty nest get together with Graeme's mom, Kit. I feel bad for her, as she is all alone in their house for the month of June. Her Hubs is away working. So I think I will be keeping her company on those evenings that my Hubs is working.


     As a side note, I have to report that the number of crochet hooks that were found in between couch sections turned out to be 7! There was also a large knitting needle, a row counter, a cable needle, a small pair of scissors, and a stitch marker. I hear that after the first load of couch made it to Fishkill, a crochet hook fell out of one of those sections! I forgot to get it back when we were down there. Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment