Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sorting out plans for my craft room

    These last few weeks have been incredibly intense. I am constantly thinking of what to do in my craft room. The other day, I asked Hubs if we could paint the room, and after a positive answer, my thoughts really exploded.


    Hubs did tell me that my bookcases from the den have to go in there, but that's ok with me. There is one wall with no windows where they would line up nicely. If they don't all fit, I will find room for the rest. There are only five, after all. Although I really need a couple more.


    I would like to take the doors off the closet, and put shelves or something in there for yarn and WIP storage. Then I thought about lots of little hooks all over the wall to hang individual hanks or skeins.


    But color? My mind is going wild. I've started asking friends for color advice. So far, I've gotten purple. I love purple, but not too dark. I thought about maybe a nice dark purple on the bottom of the walls, with a lighter purple above. Then I thought about painting sheep on one wall. Or a painted tree in one corner, with the green leafy branches going out on the ceiling. There are just too many darn options!


    The room is currently a medium dark blue, which really isn't too bad. I could work with it. Here is what it looks like:



    It's really a nice blue. It would make a nice sky color. I do want to paint the ceiling, though. I guess I'll just have to see what I can talk Hubs into. I went to the store today and got some paint chips. Purples, and a couple orangey yellow ones. Just in case I want to paint a sun. You never know. It might be fun to paint the whole room a nice bright yellowy orange!

No comments:

Post a Comment