Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Exploring Sam's Club

    There we were, Hubs and I, in Kingston exploring Sam's Club. I quickly discovered that they do not sell yarn. They lost me. I doubt I will ever go there unless accompanying Hubs.


    That being said, we are now the proud owners of a new 42" LCD TV for our bedroom. Yes, it's bigger than the one it's replacing. But it's smaller than the one Hubs wanted to buy! All I can say is thank the Goddess he came to his senses and realized that a 47" TV is waaaay to big for our bedroom.


    Then yesterday, Hubs took our old cable boxes back and exchanged them for new ones. Smart move! It seems our old boxes, while not really that old, were like dinosaurs! So everything is all hooked up in both the living room and bedroom. It turns out that the picture on the new TV is the best picture we have ever seen on any TV!  Now I am having trouble getting Hubs to come out of the bedroom. I may never see him again, except for when I go to bed.


    The new TV has internet on it! And is it's own WiFi hot spot. So now we can get Netflix in there, where we couldn't before. The really strange thing? There are movies being offered in the bedroom that are not being offered in the living room!!  How does that happen? It's all the same account!!


   And I am thinking that at some point I can hook my laptop up to the TV, and see facebook, twitter and the like on a HUGE screen!! That would be fun! Imagine, a giant size farmville! This week, Hubs is working four nights. So I have four nights to explore the new TV and its possibilities!


    As a side note, whoever designed that particular plaza in Kingston was a genius! There is a Michaels Craft Store right next to a Gander Mountain!! And behind those stores in Walmart! The Sam's Club is across the parking lot from Michaels and Gander Mt. And yes indeed, we visited all four establishments. It is no small wonder that my legs and feet hurt! All that walking! And I am still a bit sore today.

No comments:

Post a Comment