Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Story of My Mom

    My mom is a cool woman. This year she will be 80 years young. Apparently I am not the only one who has been worried about her memory. This morning I talked to her on the phone.


    Her friend John regularly brings DVD movies to her house and they watch them together. I should mention that John was her next door neighbor, before she sold her house. They are good friends, he looks out for her. He is a little younger than I am. he considers himself her third child.


    A few days ago, he brought a movie and they were watching it. He asked her if it looked familiar. She told him no, it doesn't. I guess he asked her several times during the movie. She kept saying no. After it was over, she told him that she had never seen that movie before, she totally didn't remember that ending. He told her that they had seen it last fall.


    He started teasing her about her memory. After a while, during their conversation, she mentioned that there was a new show coming on TV about a Sheriff. John turned to her, and asked her, "Does it happen to take place in a town called Mayberry?" She  laughed, but was a little annoyed about the whole thing.


    I was appalled when she told me about it, but when I retold the story to Hubs, we both laughed a little hysterically. I guess I found it a lot funnier the second time I heard it.



    That's my mom, on the left in the photo. I guess it's the only one I have on file in my laptop. She is with my daughter's husband's grandmother. They are great friends.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment