Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Knitting Update

    Well, the new tire cover is done, I just need to hook up with my helper to get it on. Photo will be posted once it's applied! I did start the EZ baby surprise jacket, and I've gotten as far as I can without assistance, which means interpretation. She was a knitting genius, but sucked at pattern writing. Hey, no one's perfect! Love her anyway.


    While I am waiting, I decided to start another project, which I am keeping quiet about, as the person I'm giving it to reads my blog, sometimes. It's going pretty well, actually. Started this morning by casting on, and doing the first row, the K2 P2 ribbing didn't come out right. So I counted again, and found out I only cast on 62 stitches, when I was supposed to cast on 72. So I frogged it and put it in my bag, as it was almost time to leave for babysitting.


    While Miss Malia napped today,  I got out the mystery project (mp), cast on the correct number of stitches this time, and did the whole ribbed section.  When knitting in the round, I don't join right away, I knit the first row first, then join and continue knitting in the round. I find it much easier, and when finished, I just take the long tail and stitch the tiny gap closed. No harm no foul.


    I know my limitations, and can usually find a way to get done what needs to be done, as far as knitting goes. Like when I did the Pi Shawl. I started out knitting it back and forth, until it was big enough, then I joined it and continued in the round. After it was well established, I took the tail and gently seamed up the opening. Looks nice, and you can't tell that I am an absolute idiot when it comes to double points.


   Now for a brief word about the weather. It was, and still is, very fracking hot today. Even with the air on, I am melting. I need an ice bath, and more Edy's Fruit Pops. Pineapple and pomegranate are my two favorites. And it's gonna be more of the same tomorrow! This is not helping my breathing, either. So I'm trying to stay cool, and stay still, or there could be trouble in the breathing department.


    Well, this just sucks! I closed this post, so I could take a photo of the sweater's progress. And the batteries are dead in the camera.  Last time, I bought two, and guess what? The compartment where I put the spare is open. So it could have fallen out at anytime, anywhere. I am so completely bummed! I guess I have to go to Rite Aid tomorrow and get another one. So, I guess you'll have to wait until then to see the photos. Sorry. OK, go back to your lives now.

No comments:

Post a Comment