Saturday, June 2, 2012

An Explanation, Sort of...

    To begin with, I live very close to the Hudson River. I grew up on the east bank of the river, and still live there. I have a very acute sense of direction, or at least I used to. In high school, once some of my friends got their licenses, they used to drive randomly around, and try to get me lost. But I always knew which way to go to get home.


    So it is a concrete fact that if the river is on my left, I am facing north. Period. However, once I go across the bridge to the other side of the river, I get totally lost. I have no idea where I am, or in which direction I'm going. I think I'm going north, because the river is on my left. I'm actually heading south. You can see how this might be a problem. If I am heading to Kingston, I could end up in Newburg.


    That is why I usually try to get someone else to drive if we have to cross the bridge to the other side of the river. Since I have been to Kingston twice in the last 10 days, I am feeling pretty confident I can find my way back to that particular stretch of Rte 9W. I might be brave enough to try and find it on my own. After all, there's a Michael's craft store there...

No comments:

Post a Comment