Sunday, June 10, 2012

Catching up

1. It turned out I did have time to crochet at the tournament yesterday, pretty much after everyone showed up, and I still had to sit at the table guarding the money. After a while I had Julie help me carry them inside, and we put them in a locked box behind the head table. I think I got three rows done! Woot! Then I could go and watch my son compete!


2. After some digging this morning, through my pattern files, I found the name of the designer of the N hook afghan series of pamphlets. They were called Quick Crochet Afghans, and, as I thought, there were four of them. It turns out that each book was designed by a different designer. My favorite was in book 2, and the designers name was Joyce Winfield Vanderslice. Gotta give credit where credit is due!


3. The tournament itself was absolutely awesome! I took money for spectator fees, Julie handled those competitors who had pre-registered, and Mrs. Jackson took care of the walk in competitors. The Black Belt events were supposed to start at noon, but actually started a bit early. This is unusual for a karate tournament, but Master Leclerc always runs a very tight ship.  I didn't bring my camera, so no photos.


     It's so good for the kids to stay and see their instructors compete. There were many of them who stayed, or came back. They were treated to quite a show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment