Saturday, June 2, 2012

Operation Empty Nest, Phase I

    Yesterday was the day when my son, and youngest child, officially moved out. He and his dad packed up his boxes, his dressers and his queen size bed, as well as some of his other miscellaneous stuff, into dad's truck, and onto a borrowed trailer. I should mention that two of the three flat screen household TV's went with him too. He even rolled up the rug from the floor of his room and took that too.


    Just now, it's beginning to hit me. He's really gone. He will be sleeping in his own house tonight. Well, dad owns it, but he lives there. Now we get to look forward to Phase II.


    That is when Jess comes back, and takes our living room furniture home with him. We have a six piece sectional, with a sleeper sofa in it, and a recliner at each end. And now it will be his. I'm happy about this, because that means we get new furniture! We also get a new TV for our bedroom! I guess that is the trade off, we lose our son, and get new stuff.


    The funny thing is that all four of the young people who are sharing this house are each the youngest in their family. So all four sets of parents having the same feelings tonight. Hubs and I will open our bottle of champagne after that phase is complete. It should be tonight. Yesterday, I totally forgot to take photos, I guess it was the shock of it all. Hopefully today I can get some.

No comments:

Post a Comment