Sunday, June 17, 2012

Plans for the empty room!

    Since our son moved out on his own two weeks ago, Hubs and I have avoided talking about what we will do with his room.  I know that we had talked about moving into it temporarily, while we re-do our room. We've been here 22 years, and it's waaaay over due. But after that, it's up in the air.


    Well, just a little while ago, I told him that someone had asked me what we are going to do with the empty room. Then I asked him point blank what his plans were for the room. I must say, what he said completely shocked me. I believe his exact words were:  "Well, you need a place for all your craft stuff..." I nearly fainted. It seems he might be getting tired of having all my yarn in bags, and boxes, and storage bins all over the place.


    So I've been fantasizing about decorating the room, would I have wall to wall shelves, or open bins, or what? I did tell him that it would be cool to put a futon in there, "you know, in case we get overnight guests..." Of course, I'm really thinking of my Stitch n Bitch buddies.


   He did tell me that he would like to move my bookcases from the den into my craft room. I don't have a problem with that. They would probably all fit on the one wall. I get to pick out a rug, since Jess took the one that was in there.


   In the original footprint of the house my new craft room was the master bedroom. The new master bedroom is an addition on the back of the house, off the dining room; if you look, you can see where the sliding glass door was. The previous owner took out the wall between the living and dining rooms, so it's more like a great room now, but I call it my "not so great room".


   I am just so excited, I had to share! Right now that room is a medium blue, we painted it for Jesse the weekend that Princess Diana was killed. I will never forget that weekend, it was my birthday weekend too. I might even want to repaint! OMG!  I am gonna have so much fun with this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment