Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Another Rainy, Cold Day

   Today is another rainy day, and the temperature has dropped. Yummy. It was cold enough yesterday to make me want to make soup for dinner. And I did!  I have this favorite local gourmet food store, called the Awesome Store, where I have found all these truly awesome foods! Most of it they make themselves.

    I absolutely love their soup mixes. Everything you need, in one package. They are vegetarian, but if you want to, you can add meat to them. Of course, I do! They say right on the package that you can add all kinds of things to them, more veggies, meats, seafood, or cheeses. I highly recommend them!

   The store also has lots of other stuff too! Cookie mixes, pickled veggies, all kinds of nuts and dip mixes, to name just a few. They also sell locally made jams and jellies, and soaps and things too. It smells unbelievable in there!

   One of my favorite things to get, as well as the soup, are packages of chopped dried veggies, which I add to the soup when it's cooking. I usually get the individual packages of broccoli, corn and potatoes. Then I throw a handful of each in the soup pot while it's cooking.

   I have a friend who has recently returned to vegetarianism, and I'm thinking I will get her a couple of packages of the soup mix as a gift. There are so many kinds, it's hard to choose! I usually favor the Veggie Rice and Veggie Noodle, to which I usually add chicken, but is also good with beef. I also love the Veggie Barley, which I make with beef. They have a couple different potato soups, one with garlic. I have tried to make them, but I get impatient waiting for them to get hot, and I end up burning them!

   I can not recommend this store highly enough! I need all of you to go and visit the store, I promise, you will not be sorry!

   Now that I've made myself good and hungry, I'm gonna go heat up last night's left over soup for my dinner! MMMMM, and with some crusty rolls I bought at BJ's....

No comments:

Post a Comment