Saturday, September 3, 2011

In Which I Come Out as a Whovian

   I am sitting here in the dark watching Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End. I am just killing time until Dr. Who comes on.  Yup, I recently discovered that my cable company is now offering BBC America!! My joy is endless! I have not been able to see the newer episodes of Dr. Who until now!

   All these years, I have been regularly checking the channel line up offered by the cable company. Now I can finally watch the new Dr. Who, and proudly proclaim that I am a Whovian!

   My love for Dr. Who goes way back to the 70's and the immortal Tom Baker! To this day, I credit his rendition of the doctor for my absolute obsession for really, really long scarves! The old episodes are so absurd, and off the wall, I love them! I think I can give them total credit (or blame) for how my personality manifested. I wanted a mechanical dog just like K9. Hey, my parents liked Benny Hill and Monty Python, so you could say it ran in the family.

   Now I only have twenty minutes until the new episode starts. I have my daily raging headache, so I need to go take something for it, as the vodka is definitely not working.
I doubt I will even work on the hurricane afghan during the program.

    I didn't get much done on the afghan today, as it was so freaking hot. It was so hot, I would pick it up, do maybe half a row, and have to put it down. It's getting big and bulky enough to be very warm, even under ideal conditions. And 85 degrees is not even close to ideal! It is cooling off a bit now, so maybe I will get a little more done tonight, we shall see.
   I need to refresh my drink, and take some ibuprofen, so I will say goodnight for now. I hope for your sakes I find the notebook I wrote blog ideas in... Otherwise this could get boring. Nod Not!

  

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out Dr. Who. I've NEVER seen an episode! I love Benny Hill. Monty Python, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Have you seen Absolutely Fabulous? You must, if you have not.

    ReplyDelete