Friday, September 16, 2011

In Which I Vent About TV Repair People

   This morning, I was up at the ass crack of dawn, because that's when the TV repair man told me he would be here. Between the hours of 8 and 12. The lady who had first called said that they only "service your area" during those hours. So I got up early.

   At 8:50 a.m. I got another call, the nice repair man told me he should be here between 11 and 12:30. OK, I thought. Maybe I should have stayed in bed, after all. The nice repair man called me again at 1:38 p.m. Which, by the way, was over an hour later than when he said he "should be there". This time, he should be here by 2:30. Yeah, right. I wasn't gonna hold my breath.

   Promptly at 3 p.m., they finally arrive. They come in, I greet them. He apologizes, I am sweet. Because I know it's really not his fault, who can tell how long it will take to fix someone else's TV? Shit happens, misery is optional. They were here all of about 5 minutes. What's wrong with the TV, something about a flux capacitor*?, they can't fix here, they have to take it away. I get a claim check, and they are gone with my Hubs' 61 inch flat screen, big and fancy TV.

   I waited all day for this? There is some good news, however! I got a lot of work done on the first of the friend's granddaughter's two afghans! And I mean A LOT of work! It's probably more than half done by now! 

   The nice repair man "promised" to get it back to me in two or three days, it'll be brought back first thing, because I had to wait so long. I really think it was because I was nice to them, not all nasty and complaining. I mean, seriously, it was not fun waiting all day for them, but it also wasn't their fault! They had other people to service, and Hyde Park is a long way from Westchester County.

   They are just doing their jobs, after all. So because I was pleasant, they didn't "accidentally" drop our TV on the way out to their van. Maybe we will get it back by Christmas, do you think?

   Nothing else to say today. I am so very tired, I am ready for bed, and it's only 5:30.  

* Back to the Future reference!

1 comment:

  1. Wish they could've given you a loaner TV like some dealerships when you bring your car in for repairs. lol

    ReplyDelete