Sunday, September 25, 2011

In Which I Can't Sleep!

   It is now nearly 6 a.m. I have been awake since 1:30 a.m. The night started out pretty good, I was tired and laid down, with Hubs watching TV, about 11 p.m. Then I woke up, and haven't been able to get back to sleep.

   I laid there for a while, as the TV was still on, then I turned it off since Hubs was asleep. I tossed and turned for a long while before deciding to get up. I came out into the living room and took more Advil Cold and Sinus, since the last dose was wearing off, and my nose was running so bad that I had to get out of bed!

   I turned on the TV out here, and found something to watch. I picked up my current crochet project, the 2nd kids afghan, and started to crochet. After at least an hour, the meds were working and I had stopped dripping, so I went back in and laid down again. I couldn't get comfortable, because now my shoulder hurt from crocheting! So up I got again.

   As I am sitting here, with the TV off this time, Lots of things are running through my head as I crochet.  All kinds of little anecdotes about me, about my late mother-in-law, about commercials that annoy or offend me, you know. The mind does wander when the TV is off.

   But I think the best news is that my kindle problem is solved! When I first came out of the bedroom, I checked for comments on my last post. And a very good friend had a suggestion! I tried it, and lo and behold, it worked! So I started downloading the whole list of book titles my mom wanted. Now it's all done, and I can return her kindle to her! Thank you, Laura!! I am saved! I was envisioning having to buy mom a new kindle!

   And darn it, now I'm getting sleepy again! I am supposed to go with Hubs to the house in Fishkill later today. That way I can return mom's kindle, as well as make Hubs happy that I am there as company for him.  I wonder if I will have enough time for a sleep before we go? I am pretty sure I will; he is supposed to go to the bow club this morning to shoot with his friends for a while. Then we will be off to Fishkill.

   I'm thinking I should set up the coffee maker before I go back in, that way Hubs can turn it on when he gets up. I will also leave him a note asking him to let me sleep for a while. So I guess I'm back off to bed, talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment