Saturday, September 17, 2011

Evening Excitement and Craft Report

   This evening, I was all settled in watching our substitute TV, relaxing for the evening, when my beloved Hubs called me from work. He asked me if I would make a triple (!) size batch of my world famous Venison Chili for an event at the bow club tomorrow. Of course, I said yes! But I had to run to the store and buy the canned goods. I needed 3 giant cans of black beans, 3 cans of tomato soup, and 3 cans of Italian seasoned tomato sauce.

   The ride itself was an adventure. It is chilly out this evening, as it has been all week. So I put on my thermal hoodie, and wrapped a scarf around my neck. I am always wearing a hat. I had my gloves in my jacket pocket, if needed. People look at me funny when I have to dress that way, but they obviously haven't driven a Jeep with the top down when the temperature is below 70 degrees. At night. It gets really cold.

   When I got home, I went down to the freezer in the basement, and got out 4 bags of venison. I'm hoping that's enough. It should be. I also brought up my giant size stock pot to cook it all in. I will wash it out before I go to bed later.

   On the crafting front, I have finished one of the granddaughter afghans! YAY for me. I have even started the second one. The hurricane-ghan is still unfinished, as it was too fracking cold today to go for a ride to Michael's. It is supposed to be warmer tomorrow, so I will try to go then.

   I need a small size person to photograph with the small afghan, for size reference. I have measured it, it's just over 4 feet long. I haven't measured the width yet. At least I'm getting something done! It's been a while since I crocheted, so my hands are a little sore, knitting uses different muscles.

   The other day, I looked out my kitchen window, and saw a strange cat down by my pool. It was obviously feral, as it looked all matted and dirty. Then today, as I took the garbage out, when I headed back to the house, there he was again! He was under the slight overhang under the living room of my house. If he had stayed there, I wouldn't have seen him, but he came running out across the front stoop, and down the wooden stairs on the far side of the house.

   When Hubs got up today, I told him about the cat. He told me not to feed it, of course I won't feed it! Then when he left to go to work, there it was again! Under Jesse's bedroom window, on the slate slab that's there. Once again, he ran away. He has really pretty coloring. But we already have a cat, and Ozzy is not exactly friendly. We definitely do not want or need another cat.

   And that's all of the excitement for today. Let's all hope it's quiet tomorrow. I do prefer quiet evenings. And days for that matter. That's one reason I hardly ever make any plans. Something always happens to frack it all up. So I tend to take things as they come, one day at a time. I guess I'm a spur of the moment kind of gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment