Thursday, September 15, 2011

Just One More Thing!

   I remembered one of the things I wanted to rave about! There are people in this world who insist on spelling things wrong. One friend told me she can't be bothered with spell-check. I use it just in case I misspell something, by accident. I am a very good speller. That comes, I think, from having parents who are both teachers. Oh, and from reading a lot, too.

   Sometimes, spell-check doesn't catch the misspelling, simply because the word is truly not misspelled, but is the wrong word entirely. For instance, the TO, TOO and TWO debacle. Also, for your and you're, and its, and it's as well.  I know that there are more, I just can't think of any right at the moment.

   But what really annoys me the most is that some people insist on spelling TOMORROW wrong! And to them, I wish to say: No matter how many times you spell it TOMARROW, it will NEVER BE CORRECT!!  It will not be made correct by your constantly using it! It sounds like you are giving something to a friend with the unfortunate name of Marrow! To Marrow... with all my love!

   I have always been an avid reader, in elementary school, with the Weekly Reader Book Club, (remember that?) I always had the most books in my order. Even though we didn't have a lot of money, my parents made sure I could read what I wanted to. I would sometimes have 10 or 12 books ordered!  My teachers loved me for that, weren't there prizes of some sort for the classes that ordered the most books?

   In closing for today, I want you all to know that I just checked spell-check. The only word in all the text that it highlighted was "tomarrow". So there!

   And P.S.  The hurricane-ghan is almost finished. After the pattern repeats are all done, I plan on evaluating it to decide if it needs to be wider, because it's longer than usual. If necessary, I will add another section to make it come out right.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment