Friday, September 23, 2011

What Happens At Stitch n Bitch...

  This morning, I managed to make it to my Stitch n Bitch. I had gotten up at 7 a.m. and taken some Advil Cold and Sinus, so it would be in full force by 9 a.m. It worked! I was relatively good for most of SnB. Towards the end, though, I started sweating really badly, it felt like it got really hot in there. Fortunately, we were just about done by that time. We had a good breakfast too! Plus we got to knit. Well, the other girls were knitting, I was crocheting. Sara's shawl is about four feet long now! Long enough that I started working on the kids afghan again.

   We had a small group today, only four of us could make it! Denise texted us and told us she had jury duty, and Bonny had to work. No one knows where Bella, Cheryl, or Charlotte were. I post on facebook when we are having our meetings, and usually give plenty of notice.

   So when I got home, I didn't call the doctor. I really felt better by then. And I am really, really good at procrastinating. First, everyone in the office was out to lunch, then I washed some dishes, then I started crocheting again, and just plain didn't feel like calling. When Hubs got up, first thing, he asked me if I called the doctor. Since I never lie to him, I told him no. He threw the TV remote at me, then the house phone. He was sitting close to me, so it wasn't truly meant to hurt me. I know he's concerned about me, that's why he bugs me.

   So tonight, to help me get better, (and since veggies are supposed to be healthy, right?) I made carrot cake cupcakes. And I will smother them with cream cheese frosting! A little extra nutrition is just what I need! Golly, I feel better already! The second pan just came out of the oven. The house smells good right now!

   I last took my cold meds at 1:30, and I'm trying to hold off taking more until at least 9, if not 10. I'd like them to last all night. I hope I sleep well! I know I did last night.
So I will sit here on my couch, crocheting, with a box of tissues at my side, until I get too tired to see what I'm working on.

   So you know what I'm dealing with, here's a photo of my beloved youngest child, taken at a tournament, in the middle of a form. He always looks this serious.


  

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better! Enjoy those veggies! Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent use of vegetables. Did you try some of Denise's homemade chicken soup? I hear that works wonders. No, maybe I read that somewhere. Oh yeah, here, right where I wrote it. Fell better.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete