Saturday, September 24, 2011

Today's Adventures

    Yesterday, I made the carrot cake muffins. They are really good, but after I made them, I realized that I have nothing to store them in, with the frosting on. So I decided to store them unfrosted in a giant size ziploc bag, and keep the frosting in the fridge. That way, each one can be frosted just before it's eaten!

   Today, after hubs went to sleep and I took a nap with him, I went to the grocery store because I needed some meat. There was no meat in the house for us for dinner tonight, or the rest of the weekend. On the way to the store, I stopped by Bonny's house to pick up a crochet project that has been there a loooong time. I used to work on it when we hung out when I was first unemployed. That was a long time ago!
  
   Anyway, this afghan, if I remembered correctly, was nearly finished. So I want to finish it and send it to Gordie's wife, Rosemary. It's only fair, if Gordie and his two granddaughters get afghans, shouldn't Rosemary get one too? I  would be jealous if I didn't get one and everybody else did! So, I got the almost finished afghan, and the yarn to finish it with, and brought them home. It really took me hardly any time at all to finish it! The last of the kid's afghans is about half done now. Hopefully within a week or so, I can mail them all off to Texas. Then I can get back to my knitting!

   And now for something completely different... I have been seeing these commercials for Charmin toilet paper for a while now, and they really bother me. I mean, seriously, who wants to "enjoy the go"? And if you did, would you want to admit it in public? That isn't something I need to hear about or even think about! I would even classify that as TMI.

       Oh yeah, I amost forgot. My mom has a kindle that she got for her birthday last year. Usually, Sara or I will take it to download new books for her, since she doesn't have a computer, or a wifi hot spot. I recently took her kindle, and I think I've killed it. I downloaded one book, then noticed it needed to be charged. I took the charge cord for Hubs' kindle, and plugged it into her kindle and into the wall. Nothing happened. The charge light didn't come on. Ever since then, I can't wake the fracking thing up. It is totally unresponsive. There is no way that I can see, to get into it to check the battery.

   Today, I decided to contact Amazon.com to see if they would help me. This really sucks, because after I typed out the whole story, they wanted $30 to diagnose it. I don't have $30! Do any of my loyal followers have any ideas? If so, please feel free to comment and tell me!

   Now it's time to go, Hubs is home, and it's time to order our pizza. Until next time!
  

1 comment:

  1. Try sliding and holding the switch for as long as a minute. It may power up. I don't think you did anything wrong. I think this may remedy it.

    Anyway, sounds like you had a good day! Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete