Sunday, September 11, 2011

Crafting Progress Made Today!

   Today there was some progress made in the crafting department! YAY! I also had a lot of dishes to do today. So I washed some dishes, took a knitting or crocheting break while the dishes dried, then washed some more... After they were all done, I got to sit and work on projects uninterrupted. First I worked on daughter's shawl, then I made significant progress of the hurricane-ghan. It's like 3/4 done now!

   Now I am starting the laundry that needs doing. I went down and checked the load in the washer, it was still pretty wet, so I gave it another spin cycle. I will check it in a bit. Stairs are really hard for me, so I gotta make every trip count. That's one reason I love doing laundry in the summer. I can throw it all downstairs in the morning, and when I go down to the pool, I can get it all done. It just involves going in and out the door, not up and down the stairs.

   Dinner is now in the oven, as Hubs informed me that he could eat. Tonight it's chicken breasts, seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning. It really is good on everything. For a side dish, we will have garlic mashed potatoes and maybe some gravy.

   I know it's the anniversary of the terrorist attacks, but I am trying very hard not to think about it. I can't watch any of it. I spent that day, alone in front of the TV, in tears, wondering if this was the start of the end of the world. I truly break down in tears if I even have to talk about it. Hubs was asleep, he had worked the night before, and I sat there wondering if I should wake him up. Would he even have work that night? And what about my young son? He was in the middle school... Did they even know what was going on?

   I had to stop working on the hurricane-ghan, my shoulder was really starting to hurt. It's time to spend some quality time with Hubs anyway! Hopefully I will be able to pick it up again tomorrow. Or later tonight, as Hubs will probably go to bed early.

     I will say ta-ta-for-now, it's past time to take pain meds for my nightly headache, and I feel it coming on! Buh-bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment